Sunday, December 28, 2008

I have successfully completed my tasks and now have approximately 30 hours to mentally prepare for the longest and most unpredictable part of my journey to the Sugar Bowl. As I prepare for this travel experience I thought I would give an update on the events that have already taken place and the success I have had along the way.

My first event “Massage by Berto” at Xcel Fitness was my most profitable and successful event in my fundraising efforts. I knew going into this event the power of my magic hands but never thought that the general public would realize how magical they were. As I started at 9:00am the word spread producing $180.00 in sponsorship money by the end of the event.

My second event kicked off the following day at the “Gateway Musical”. I think it may have been the coldest day of the year in the Gateway court yard but as a devoted fan with an epidemic cause, I set out on my quest to earn my way to New Orleans. Due to the cold weather and possibly the attention drawing music that I was playing to bring light to my cause, people of gateway did not respond to well to my efforts. This event produced a grand total of $3.12 to go towards my cause which I am most grateful for so far.

Last Monday my 3rd event, “Date with Berto” kicked off with a $10.00 bid. The highest bidder could possibly win my heart on a night out on the town, which was being auctioned off for my cause. By the end of the day the closing bid had been reached coming in at $50.00. This date will more than likely be the most memorable date of my lifetime and who knows maybe, just maybe, I could fall in love.

Two days ago I completed my last event during the tail end of what was the biggest storm of 2008 by freezing to the core during “Highway Donation”. This confirms my dedication to both my cause and the University of Utah Football team. During this event I talked to a lot of great and generous people as they rolled down their windows and donated to my effort. This truly shows how supportive the people of Salt Lake City are. I was limited on time but was still able to generate $35.90 towards my journey to the sugar bowl.

I am looking forward the best cross country trip of my life and will give you an update of my two day trek after I arrive in New Orleans on New Year’s Eve. Don’t forget that I still have available advertising space on my back so make your company proud and fill this space. Once again…. GO UTES!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment